A Louis XVI bureau à cylindre
attr. to Joseph Stöckel,
Paris ca. 1785
ormolu mounted kingwood, tulipwood, amaranth, fruitwood and mother of pearl inlaid marquetry and parquetry; with the “T” ink mark for the 1855 inventory of the Grand Trianon, Paris
97 x 101.5 x 52.5 cm
By repute French royal provenance, most probably brought to the Trianon by King Louis Philippe at 1838.
The French Marquis de Panat family.
Collection William Redford, London
Denise Ledoux-Lebard, Le Grand Trianon, Meubles et objets d’art, 1975